I'm loving this warm weather. Finally!
Alex and I have been (mildly) obsessed with a fresh watermelon margarita cocktail and we can't stop making it. It's so light and refreshing, yet feels like something we should be drinking on vacation in Miami or the Caribbean. The best part is you only need a few ingredients to make the drink and a quarter of a watermelon makes about 4 cocktails! Also, there's no added sugar so no guilt here!
What You Need:
Watermelon (seedless is best)
Tequila (I used Espolon Blanco)
What To Do:
1) Juice your watermelon + strain the juice with a fine mesh sieve. We use a manual juicer we picked up at Williams Sonoma, but a blender is fine too.
2) Muddle about 4 leaves of mint on the bottom of a highball glass.
3) Fill your highball glass halfway with watermelon juice – about 4 to 5 ounces.
4) Add the juice of half a lime.
5) Add your tequila!
6) Add ice and stir thoroughly.