Count this as the only hurricane preparedness guide you'll need to survive and thrive during this Frankenstorm of all Nor'Eastercanes. Lazyjack Press is holed up on Central Park South, smack in between Whole Foods Columbus Circle and a go-to liquor store, the owner of which lives inside the store and won't close, no matter what hellstorm arrives on Manhattan's shores.
What you'll need:
1) Tequila: Espolon is pretty good for the price, so get two or three depending on how many shut-ins you'll be entertaining. Add chipotle, honey, and lime.
2) Bloody Marys: see Miriam's post on the ultimate bloody, supra. Except this time, add onion powder. Quick! Go get it!
3) Magnums of French red table wine -- we dig the Cuvee Des Chevaliers ($16)
4) Corona Light with lime
5) Heineken Light -- no lime necessary
6) Prosciutto with melon
7) Tomato and buffalo mozzarella with balsamic glaze -- add toothpicks and you're civilized
9) Pretzels with Maille mustard dipping sauce
10) Crudité -- yellow Zima tomatoes, carrots, celery, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, Hidden Valley ranch (essential that it's Hidden Valley)
11) Cornichon pickles
Great friends, movies, Halloween, football, World Series, and a giant storm that lets you out of work? Ace. just ace. Stay safe! Cheers!